IIT Delhi needs Alums to give back to their Alma Mater. A few reasons why we need your support are:
- Tuition covers only about 5% of the expenses of the Institution.
- Nearly half of our undergraduate students depend on scholarships to fund their education at IIT Delhi.
- Most gifts are restricted.
The majority of gifts to IIT Delhi, and almost 80 percent of endowment funds, are directed toward particular schools, departments, hostels or programs. Annual, expendable gifts provide vital flexibility.
- Government funding has declined.
Governmental support for institute is significant, but has been declining for years in real monetary terms. The current budget environment makes such funding even more precarious.
- IIT Delhi’s mission is global.
IIT Delhi is one of the few institutions in India with the depth and breadth to help address complex, local and global problems. Big ideas can be expensive. Making a difference is worth it.
- Every gift makes a difference!
Most gifts made to IIT Delhi are under INR 50,000. But together they can add up to significant amounts to support students, teaching, research, and other programs.